activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sending stomp messages to activemq client
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 03:15:38 GMT
On 7/18/06, ldangelo <ldangelo@mac.com> wrote:

> Ok,
>
> After tons of debugging here is what I found out...   there is a version of
> activemq which does not send the null character when replying to the stomp
> connect command...  This caused my user defined function to hang for ever
> waiting for the reply...
>
> I switch to incubator-activemq-4.0 and this particular problem went away.

BTW which version were you using before? Incidentally I recommend
4.0.1 at least. We've fixed a few more Stomp related issues post-4.0.1
so you could try 4.1-SNAPSHOT until 4.1 or 4.0.2 go out

> Once past this particular issue I found some other bugs in my user defined
> function...  I fixed these and successfully sent a stomp message from a
> database trigger to the ConsumerTool (listening on tcp://localhost:61616)...
> essentially proving that the udf works with activemq!  Step one complete....

YAY! Nicely done! Am looking forward to your patch :)
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html

> Next I configured a servicemix instance to listen to a topic and trace the
> output... no joy... there is something amiss with my servicemix/activemq
> configuration...
>
> Any advise?

Are you 100% sure that you are using the exact same destination name
and type (e.g. are you sending to a queue and consuming on a topic?).
If the ConsumerTool is receiving your message then the Stomp &
ActiveMQ stuff is all working fine - so its maybe worth sending a mail
to the ServiceMix user list with details of your ServiceMix
configuration to see if others can spot the problem.

> BTW)  Thanks a TON for all of your help so far!

You're most welcome!

--

James
-------