activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sending stomp messages to activemq client
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:07:33 GMT
On 7/17/06, ldangelo <ldangelo@mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot...
>
> I will try your suggestion.
>
> BTW)  I'm an experienced TibCo developer/user... with tibco they provide a
> command line utility called rvlisten that will listen to any subject that
> you provide on the command line and output it to the console...
>
> Is there any similar tool for activemq?

The consumer example consumer program that comes with the binary
distro does a similar thing.

You can also use the command line arguments to browse queues...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-command-line-tools-reference.html

or JMX / jconsole...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jmx.html

or the web console...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/web-console.html

another option is just to telnet in to the stomp port and CONNECT,
then type in a SUBSCRIBE statement in telnet...

http://stomp.codehaus.org/Protocol

> -LeoD
> --

James