activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sending stomp messages to activemq client
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:35:12 GMT
On 7/17/06, ldangelo <ldangelo@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a relatively new activeMQ user...  I am  working on a mysql user defined
> function that will send out a jms message.  I intend to use this inside of
> triggers...  so when  new record is inserted I will publish a message and
> process the record with activemq/servicemix....

Cool! :)

> Here is my question:
>
> I have the udf working and publishing  stomp messages (I can see the stomp
> messages queued up using the command line tools)...  My activemq clients
> never receive the messages.  Do I need to "bridge" stomp and activemq? (I
> think I do?)

No, so long as the messages are received by the broker (and you can
see them via JMX for example or browse them with the web console) then
you're all set. Once a message is received by a broker it can be
consumed over any protocol or language client.

Does the message appear OK on a queue in JMX / web console? If so it
should be consumable by  any Java/Stop client.

BTW in Stomp you use the destination /queue/FOO.BAR whereas in Java
you subscribe to queue FOO.BAR

> BTW)  If there is interest in this user defined function I am happy to
> share!

Great!

--

James