activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stomp/Perl usage?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:55:30 GMT
On 7/13/06, Peter Leonard <pete@peteleonard.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've been researching ActiveMQ as a potential solution for a system I'm
> working on, and I was hoping for a little feedback from the AMQ community.
>
> Is anyone out there using AMQ to support applications written in Perl?
> I've found the Stomp/Perl client, but it's described as being of
> Alpha-quality, and it doesn't seem like there's much in terms of
> community or support specifically for it.
>
> Assuming that the Perl API for Stomp is in need of some TLC (not an
> insurmountable issue on my end), how is the general Stomp interface at
> this point?

Stomp support is good; we've lots of clients so far and the protocol
has been well and trully hammered...

http://activemq.org/site/cross-language-clients.html

Though there are sometimes some gremlins with certain clients; but the
clients are generally simple enough to be easy to fix if you hit any
issues. (e.g. the perl client is quite small and pretty simple code to
fix if there's anything you need changing etc).

> (Some quick background - the system requirements would be approximately
> 500 messages/second over an HA environment, supporting message
> persistance for potentially several hours, if possible.  Early reading
> with AMQ suggests that setting up a cluster would be the way to go).

Yeah - the perl would connect to a Master which could failover to a Slave...

http://activemq.org/site/masterslave.html

the only thing that needs adding is the ability to failver in the Perl
client which I don't think is there yet.

--

James
-------