activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedded Broker Using Spring
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:54:27 GMT
On 7/7/06, madparker <matthew.parker@hbo.com> wrote:

> I'm very frustrated by the documentation of ActiveMQ.

We do our best - we are volunteers doing this in our spare time though
we welcome contributions...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html

> Under the
> documentation for "How do I embed a Broker inside a Connection" in the
> Spring section it has an example Spring configuration.  When I attempt to
> use this configuration, i get:
>
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException
> parsing XML document from class path resource
> [org/apache/activemq/xbean/activemq.xml]; nested exception is
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
> [org/apache/activemq/xbean/activemq.xml] cannot be opened because it does
> not exist
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
> [org/apache/activemq/xbean/activemq.xml] cannot be opened because it does
> not exist
>
> Obviously, I need to include the correct jar in my classpath that has
> activemq.xml...but I've looked through about 10 jars now and can't seem to
> find any that have it.

So all the classpath: prefix means is that it will try find the file
on the classpath (rather than using an explicit file directory or HTTP
URI which you can use if you prefer).

So add a directory to the classpath and put the activemq.xml in the
directory. (You can omit the directories if you wish).

e.g.
classpath:activemq.xml if there is an activemq.xml document in a
directory that is on the classpath.

If you really want you can put it inside a jar somewhere.

> Anyone have any idea where it may be?  Perhaps this should be included in
> the documentation?

I've updated the wiki page to be a bit more explcit on how spring's
resource handling works...
http://activemq.org/site/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html

> Is that just a sample?  Is there somewhere they explain
> how to configure your own activemq.xml then?

The binary download of ActiveMQ comes with an example activemq.xml
file you can use (in the conf directory).

--

James
-------