activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using embedded broker with spring in activemq 4.0.1
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:26:54 GMT
Apologies; I'd got the ActiveMQ and ServiceMix's builds mixed up - it
seems 4.1-SNAPSHOT is indeed still on 1.2.8 of Spring.

I've just moved the trunk of ActiveMQ to Spring 2.x and xbean 2.4 and
all the tests work. So you could try using tomorrow's binary build of
4.1-SNAPSHOT which has all the jars you need working.

On 7/7/06, MassDosage <massdosage@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid not. I tried the snapshot from:
>
> http://people.apache.org/repository/incubator-activemq/zips/incubator-activemq-4.1-SNAPSHOT.zip
>
> which I extracted and then put this ActiveMQ jar on my web-app's classpath:
>
> activemq-core-4.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
>
> Along with Spring 2.0RC1 and various dependent jar files. If I use
> spring-xbean 2.2 then I get this error message:
>
> 2006-07-07 09:43:00,331 ERROR
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:205)
> Context initialization failed
> with name 'brokerContainer' defined in ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-messaging.xml]: Invocation of init method
> failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser
> Caused by:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser
>
> If instead I use spring-xbean 2.4 I get the same error I get with Active MQ
> 4.0.1, here's the full stack trace:
>
> 2006-07-07 09:46:15,178 ERROR
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:205)
> Context initialization failed
> with name 'brokerContainer' defined in ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-messaging.xml]: Invocation of init method
> failed; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected
> exception parsing XML document from class path resource [activemq.xml];
> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to locate
> NamespaceHandler for namespace URI [http://activemq.org/config/1.0]
> Caused by:
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected
> exception parsing XML document from class path resource [activemq.xml];
> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to locate
> NamespaceHandler for namespace URI [http://activemq.org/config/1.0]
> Caused by:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to locate NamespaceHandler for
> namespace URI [http://activemq.org/config/1.0]
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.resolve(DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:141)
>         at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandlerResolver.resolve(XBeanNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:30)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1077)
>         at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:140)
>         at
> [...]

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/