activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failover topic subscribers
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:17:36 GMT
On 7/6/06, bmadigan <bmadigan@orbitz.com> wrote:

> I am definately taking a stab at this already, so I'll let you know what I
> come up with.

Great! :)

BTW am just about to commit an implementation of getDestinations() on
BrokerFilter for you to do the wildcard lookup of all destinations
matching ${prefix}.*.${topic} which will be handy for finding the
'logical topic subscribers' in a simple map-ish lookup. It returns a
Set so you just need to iterate through it and do a send of a message
to the queue for each result.

>  Creating the duplicate messages is not too much of a concern
> right away, especially if the messages are small. For us that will mean 2
> messages per 'group' instead of 1, so not such a big deal. I don't think
> anyone is planning to have consumer clusters of more than 2 nodes.

Cool.

--

James
-------