activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failover topic subscribers
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:09:01 GMT
On 7/6/06, bmadigan <bmadigan@orbitz.com> wrote:

> From Hiram's comments ( http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-452 )
> "Basically this means that we need to keep a per subscription ack table so
> that concurrent consumer can ack random messages in the subscription list."
>
> So acknowledge() in BrokerFilter is invoked any time a subscriber sends an
> ack. I'm guessing I can spoof an acknowledge to the other subscribers in the
> 'group', making the group behave like a concurrent consumer. But this would
> only work if message delivery was synchronous for a subscriber group,
> correct? I have to look at how delivery happens for topic subscribers.

As I mentioned a couple of messages ago, I think using a physical
queue per logical topic subscription is gonna be the easiest as it
does exactly whats required (load balancing of messages across
consumers for the same logical subscription and dealing with
acknowledges coming back in random order). Each logical topic
subscription needs to acknowledge individual messages and the messages
need to be load balanced across each consumer for a given logical
subscription so messages are only processed once per logical
subscription etc.

--

James
-------