activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to post messages to the same queue in a Cluster
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:41:33 GMT
I don't quite understand the question. BTW notes on implementing
request-response here...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

why do you care what the hostname of the broker you are connected to
is? If you are connecting to a master/slave pair of brokers to achieve
failover & high availability (which I assume is why you want a
cluster) its the same logical queue whether you connect to the master
or the slave

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/masterslave.html

On 7/6/06, avin98 <avin98@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop an application which involves quite a number of
> round-trips. Basically I need to post messages to a particular queue, and
> receive messages out of a particular queue.
>
> These queues are to be in a cluster.
>
> My question is how do I obtain connection to the same queue, everytime.
>
> The code i have is:
>
> InitialContext naming = new InitialContext();
>
>             // lookup queue connection factory
>             QueueConnectionFactory connectionFactory =
>                     (QueueConnectionFactory)
> naming.lookup(connectionFactoryName);
>

>             // create jms connection
>             QueueConnection connection =
> connectionFactory.createQueueConnection();
>
>             System.out.println("Connection is:"+ connection);
>
>             // lookup jms queue
>             Queue queue = (Queue) naming.lookup(queueName);
>
> Now, for the first time I do the lookup ...is there anyway I can store the
> hostname of the queue, and get the Queue corresponding to the hostname next
> time onwards ???
> --

James
-------