activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broker authentication in network
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 12:05:09 GMT
On 7/4/06, ENP <prokopiev@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:

> I need to create this configuration:
>
> User
> Database
>      ^
> Main AMQ  < --------- > Embedded AMQ
>
> I wish not use authenticationPlugin and authorizationPlugin in Embedded AMQ.
> I wish to use it only in Main AMQ.

You could just disable security in the embedded broker and only
authenticate/authorize in the main broker

> If I use authenticationPlugin and
> authorizationPlugin in Embedded AMQ I need to replicate User Database but I
> don't wish to do it.

Why? Why not just connect to the user database form the embedded broker?

> How can authenticate Embedded AMQ on Main AMQ? Can you give XML
> configuration example?

Authentication & authorization happen by default. The only thing to
configure is the security plugin on a broker.
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/security.html

you can leave security disabled on the embedded broker if thats what you want.

--

James
-------