activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedded broker with Spring : java.lang.ClassCastException
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 10:53:43 GMT
On 7/4/06, ENP <prokopiev@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:

> Great thanks!
>
> I need to use Spring XML configuration because I need to use JMS to JMS
> Bridge which is described as Spring XML configuration in
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jms-to-jms-bridge.html. Can I use
> jmsBridgeConnectors with XBean based XML configuration?

Yes - you can mix and match Spring beans inside the XBean
configuration; you just have to be slightly careful that any <bean>
tag is in the empty namespace and not the ActiveMQ XML namespace.

> The reason to use JMS to JMS Bridge is
> http://www.nabble.com/Embedded-broker-only-for-forwarding-messages-tf1861337.html.
> Is it make sence to use JMS to JMS Bridge instead of Networks of Brokers? It
> seems simple because there are no need for store the same user database on
> forwarder embedded broker which can be configured with login/password
> defined on remote broker.

The only real reason for JMS to JMS bridge is to bridge ActiveMQ
to/from another JMS provider. If you want to store and forward
messages to other brokers then neworks are preferred. Either way the
local broker must login to the remote broker with the same
user/password.
--

James
-------