activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New c++ client for stomp
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 13:10:45 GMT
On 7/3/06, Mittler, Nathan <nathan.mittler@sensis.com> wrote:
> I have just submitted a new C++ stomp client to the activemq SVN at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-cpp/

Great stuff Nathan & Tim!

> This serves as a full blown replacement for CMS, which didn't fully
> implementation of the protocol.
>
> Some of the features this includes are:
> 1) stomp protocol (requies AMQ 4.0.1 or later for the added
> request/response ids)
> 2) JMS 1.1-like API - consumers, producers, etc. - closely follows what
> was done in the .NET client.
> 3) support for topics and queues (so far as they are supported by
> stomp).
> 4) A pluggable architecture - facilitates having swappable protocols
> (can use openwire or stomp without changing code)
> 5) meta-url syntax similar to the other libraries to support passing in
> options on the url string.
> 6) complete suite of cpp-unit tests
> 7) integration-level tests (requires a broker)
> 8) Maven 2 build (uses Mojo native plugin)
> 9) Support for selectors
> 10) Support for durable subscriptions
> 11) Support for transactions
>
> *****BUILDING******
>
> So far, we've only built on linux and windows  - so feedback would be
> much appreciated from you Mac and Solaris users :)

Here goes :)

I tried out of the box on the Mac with Maven 2.0.4 and just attempting
'mvn install' and got the following...

/workspace/eclipse/activemq/activemq-cpp/unix/../src/main/activemq/concurrent/Thread.h:33:24:
error: windows.h: No such file or directory

full output here...
http://rafb.net/paste/results/1oF3c992.html

I got the same error when trying the makefiles too. I guess its
something Mac'ish needs tweaking
--

James
-------