activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedded broker with Spring : java.lang.ClassCastException
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:23:19 GMT
Am not completely sure - did you change the jars in the installation
at all? Are you using the 4.0 version right? On Java 1.4 or later?

The broker seens to have started fine - I wonder if its that you are
connecting to it from a client using different jars?

(enabling debug logging might help)

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-can-i-enable-detailed-logging.html

On 7/3/06, ENP <prokopiev@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have active.xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"
> "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
> <beans>
>         <bean id="broker" class="org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService"
> init-method="start">
>                 <property name="transportConnectorURIs">
>                         <list>
>                                 <value>tcp://localhost:61234</value>
>                         </list>
>                 </property>
>         </bean>
> </beans>
>
> On starting AMQ I got:
>
> $ sh activemq
> ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /home/john/devel/java/jms/incubator-activemq-4.0-bridged
> INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.0 JMS Message Broker
> (localhost) is starting
> INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
> see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
> INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized:
> [apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver]
> INFO  JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Journal Recovery Started from: Active
> Journal: using 2 x 20.0 Megs at:
> /home/john/devel/java/jms/incubator-activemq-4.0-bridged/bin/activemq-data/localhost/journal
> INFO  JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Journal Recovered: 0 message(s) in
> transactions recovered.
> INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at:
> tcp://prokopiev.stc.donpac.ru:61234
> INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector
> tcp://prokopiev.stc.donpac.ru:61234 Started
> INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
> (localhost, ID:prokopiev.stc.donpac.ru-41069-1151921434600-1:0) started
> ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService
> ERROR: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService
> INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to
> service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
>
> What's wrong in my configuration? This configuration with XBean starting
> without any error:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"
> "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
> <beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
>         <broker>
>                 <transportConnectors>
>                         <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
>                 </transportConnectors>
>         </broker>
> </beans>
>
> --