activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for topic/queue and persistence selection
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 08:36:17 GMT
On 7/3/06, Kuppe <kuppe@360t.com> wrote:

> James, thanks for the response.
>
> Can you please qualify your statement "You could use a JmsTemplate and use
> dependency injection"? How exactly would this allow me to externalize the
> configuration of these aspects?

Sorry I missed off the phrase 'Spring' in there...

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/1.2.x/reference/jms.html#d0e13024

> Basically i am using an in-house framework for remoting. I assume that this
> would be a common problem with other JMS users also, that a convenient way
> of mapping from a calling context to a specific message sending context
> including whether transacted, persistent or queue or topic... This should
> then be a globally shared context so that all clients use the messaging
> solution consistently. I agree that the jndi solution is not appropriate for
> all of this, but i would have thought that a solution would exist for such a
> commonly recurring problem...

Lingo does this BTW

http://lingo.codehaus.org/

But I repeat, JNDI can only look up a ConnectionFactory and there's no
JMS way to configure persistence or transacted mode on a connection
factory; they have to be specified as you create a session/producer
(unfortunately - I wish there was a way of doing that!). So you need
another abstraction, Spring's JmsTemplate, Lingo or Messager to hide
these details from your application code.

--

James
-------