activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: StackOveflowError in slow message consumer, why?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:07:10 GMT
I wrote:

> The strange thing is that sometimes, say every two minutes or so, I saw
> a warning from the message listener, that it could not process a message
> due to a StackOverflowError.
>
> 2006-07-07 15:51:12,336  WARN [JmsSessionDispatcher: 1]
> (ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:464) org.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer -
> could not process message: ACTIVEMQ_OBJECT_MESSAGE: [...]
> Reason: java.lang.StackOverflowError java.lang.StackOverflowError

Just a small followup on myself here.

I was a bit surprised that the StackOverflowError didn't produce an stack
trace. After a bit of research I suspect that it is an bug in the Sun 1.4.2
library. I haven't had time to try it out myself, but a work around should be
to upgrade to Java 1.5 or to run the jvm in interpreted mode, ie with the
argument -Xint. Both should produce a stack trace.

--
Fredrik Jonson