activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: On the wire size of messages
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:45:40 GMT
Hi, compression is not currently enabled by default.  You can enable it by
adding a parameter to the connection URI.  For example:

tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useCompression=true

For more information see:
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/connection-configuration-uri.html

To get the size of the message, cast the message to a ActiveMQMessage and
use the getSize() method AFTER the message has been sent by a message
producer.  If you just want to get the size of the payload of the message
use ActiveMQMessage.getContent().getLength()

Regards,
Hiram

On 7/26/06, Kuppe <kuppe@360t.com> wrote:

> I am interested in reducing the total size of messages on the wire. Do you
> have any suggestions as to how this can be best accomplished? Is
compression
> enabled by default and is there any way of tuning the compression? Is
there
> any way that you could suggest to measure the real size of messages being
> sent over the broker?
> --
http://www.nabble.com/On-the-wire-size-of-messages-tf2002138.html#a5497938

Regards,