activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Sanjiv Jivan" <sanjiv.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server 2003 support
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 09:38:19 GMT
I would be really skeptical about using ActiveMQ on any platform without it
being certified by the ActiveMQ. Simple java apps typically run fine on most
jdk's but for middleware like ActiveMQ which use lots of threading I would
never go by the assumption that the app would run on any platform which uses
JDK.

I used to work on a company specific middleware app and we ran into sooo
many issues with the threading misbehaviour on AIX and also tons of AIX JDK
bugs.  We caught most of them when running test cases but the real painful
ones showed up only when running the app for long durations and these hard
to track bugs gave us lots of sleepless nights. For anyone interested, I can
dig through my emails and post some of these issues.

Many of our test cases also failed on JDK 1.4 on Itanium (64 bit Win 2003).
Its critical that you use JDK 1.4.2 or later on Itanium or else there will
be several failure's.

Bottom line, unless you're experimenting with an app, do not assume that
java apps/libraries will work on a non-certifed stack.

Sanjiv