activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Sanjiv Jivan" <sanjiv.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Duplicating Large Messages
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:56:13 GMT
How does sending a large message via Active MQ compare to a solution where
the client just saves the data contents to a database and only send some
sort of locator id to the recipeints. The recipients which are aware of the
database can then retrieve the contents by the locator ID. Is this
effectively the same as the ActiveMQ broker storing the message and clients
retrieving them? Or is the database approach more efficient with respect to
memory usage, etc?

In general, is sending such large messages over a (JMS) message bus
legitimate use case? Can you describe some use cases where they are doing so
in production. When dealing with such large amounts of data, I normally
think ETL.

Sanjiv