activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Javier Leyba" <xle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to know if a broker died
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:52:14 GMT
On 7/25/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:

> You could monitor the servers via JMX. Maybe we could get the slave to
> send out an advisory when it becomes the new master so folks can
> subscribe to an advisory for such things?
>
> Incidentally if you have a shared file system or are happy sacrificing
> some performance for pure JDBC and avoiding the high performance
> journal you can use auto-failover where you can run as many slave
> brokers as required and there is no broker-broker synchronisation
> required...
>
> http://activemq.org/site/jdbc-master-slave.html
> http://activemq.org/site/shared-file-system-master-slave.html

James

Thanks for your reply.

I' m a little bit confused with those new features you told me.

As I said before, I've a network of nodes where each node is a
master/slave. I've been making tests with two machines with crossed
master/slaves (ie: machine 1 run master A and slave B and machine 2
run master B and slave A).

I' ve defined client url´s with failover over masters to test what
happen if a whole machine dies. In this scenario, subscribers and
publishers (I'm using topics) worked fine after I killed my machine 1.

Then, I couldn´t see a difference between a failover over masters and
to have a master slave config. Which are the advantages of
master/slave ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Javier Leyba