activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Javier Leyba" <xle...@gmail.com>
Subject How to know if a broker died
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:48:08 GMT
Hi

I´ve a network of nodes where each node is a master/slave broker.

I know if a master fails, a slave will take control of situation and
then will be necesary a manual procedure to restart fixed failed
master again.

I found this process ok, but I wonder what could happen if human
operator forgets to make recovery process and just re-start failed
master broker without fix it and recovery it. Is there a way to
programatically know at start up that a master was stopped by a
problem in the last shutdown. If I can do this, I can send a message
or something else to notify the problem to human operator.

Thanks in advance

--
Javier Leyba
Barcelona - Spain