activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq from C++ application in linux and window
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:02:38 GMT
Hi Vishu,
comments inline ...

On 7/13/06, Vishu <vkagrawall@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Nate,
> Thanks a lot for your response.
> Sorry for bug you again asking stupid questions
> My requirement is something like. There are two applications one main
> application (App1) written in C++ and second application (app2) written in
> Java. Where App1 will be publishing messages regularly (the no may be 1000
> message per second or more) these messages need to go to Activemq and App2
> should be able to subscribe for those message.

I see no problems with the data load, in our testing we were sending several
thousand messages all at once.

I need a persistence
> messaging no message should be lost. Because App1 and App2 are running on
> different m/c?s and may not be running at the same time.

But looking at
> http://www.activemq.org/site/activemq-cpp-roadmap.html
> There is known issue
> After committing a transaction, the consumer seems to stop getting
> messages
> after around 999/1000 messages.  We think this is a bug at the broker, but
> more investigation is needed.

It may be worth noting that this test was done from C++ client to C++ client
which may have different results than going from Java->C++.  So it may be
worth your time giving it a shot as you should be able to set up a test
fairly quickly.

Also I don't know whether they have had any release of ActiveMq C++ client,
> I did not find that on web or is it yet to be released it is still under
> development.

There is no official release yet, as we're still doing some cleanup before
we begin to port the openwire C++ client.  I'm guessing that once we get
openwire in, we'll begin to be incorporated in the mainline release cycle
with the rest of AMQ.

> http://www.nabble.com/activemq-from-C%2B%2B-application-in-linux-and-window-tf1932905.html#a5302652

Regards,
Nate