activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Saurabh Chandra" <chandrasaur...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory usage increasing
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 06:30:43 GMT
Hello,

I was facing some memory issues with our activeMQ app. The memory
usage increased and byte [] instances are not getting released. I did
some investigation using jrockit memleak and am attaching screenshots
of memory increase (hourly), instance counts and ref graph. The ref
graph points to ActiveMQTextMessage and then to a linked list which is
self referring. I don't have any linked lists in the code that has
been written but there is a static string - could that be a culprit?

As can be seen in the graph the memory did become stable finally.
Could it be "normal" behavior that we should not be alarmed about?

The code being invoked is pretty simple right now -

//Consumer code
public void onMessage(Message msg) {
		logger.debug("######Recieved:"+msg.toString());
		try {
			FeedValue.setFeed(((TextMessage)msg).getText());
			logger.debug("Recieved and FeedValue set ");
		} catch (JMSException e) {
			// e.printStackTrace();
			logger.error("There was a JMSException: ",e.fillInStackTrace());
		}
}

//FeedValue Class
public class FeedValue {

	private static String feed = "";

	public static String getFeed() {
		return feed;
	}

	public static void setFeed(String feed) {
		FeedValue.feed = feed;
	}

}

Using activeMQ 4.0 and JDK 1.5. ActiveMQ is configured as an embedded
broker on Tomcat 5.5 using spring to configure it.

regards
Saurabh