activemq-users mailing list archives

From jcarreira <jcarre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ JDBC Persistence with SQL Server
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:13:28 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> Am not too sure what your XML looks like - but the peer: transport is
> typically only used on the client side - there is no server side
> transport for peer

Well, as per my original post
(http://www.nabble.com/Getting-started-with-ActiveMQ-tf2004874.html) I'm
trying to set it up so that I have independent cluster nodes which can be
transparently dropped into the cluster and automatically discover each
other. From the docs and what Hiram said, peer seemed like a good fit. If
it's creating embedded brokers in each app, why is it client-side, not
server side?

In any case, I'm setting it up using multicast discovery and a tcp port like
it shows in the network of brokers example now.

Jason