activemq-users mailing list archives

From nlif <naa...@dbnet.co.il>
Subject Re: Consuming a group of messages in a single transaction
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:59:20 GMT

I guess I could load and send the file in chunks, using ByteMessages,
probably in the same manner the ActiveMQ output stream does it. So I will be
using my own streaming solution, instead of an AMQ feature, but will gain
the ablility to defer commiting until I have the whole stream. This will
also allow me to mix Files and other message types in the same transaction.
Hmm... is this my way out of this mess? :-)

BTW, another idea tossed around in our team was to wrap all items in a ZIP
file, and them send it in a single (albeit huge) ByteMessage. Does this
sound like a good idea to you? Are you aware of anyone using ZIP files for
this?

Naaman