activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>
Subject Re: LastImage-style topic
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:39:09 GMT

I am really trying to keep the processing cost to a minimum really. We have a
large number of small messages being processed (say hundreds or more per
second) and as we have many slow clients i expect the evictMessage method to
be called quite frequently - again perhaps a hundred or more times per
second... Each time it is called, it would be necessary to unmarshal the
properties for each message considered for eviction... I can imaging that
this is not the most effective way of using cpu resource:)

As i am consolidating many sources of data in my broker, the sources are
typically not in the same vm as the producers, therefore the properties are
still marshalled and really should be.

The question is whether there is any natural place for a single String
property to be placed outside of the marshalled properties that may then be
used for eviction.