activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>
Subject Re: LastImage-style topic
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 06:22:31 GMT

Hi James, another question regarding this point. I have now implemented my
own MessageEvictionStrategy and plugged it in using the instructions from
the post below. For now i am using 4.0.1, so am only implementing the
eviceMessage method.

My question is, how can i add business context information that will allow
me to evict messages based on my eviction policy? I initially thought that i
would be able to add a simple property to the header of the JMSMessage which
could be easily accessed from within the evictMessage method. It seems
though that the properties of the message are now stored in the
marshalledProperties field. Of course for performance reasons I definitely
do not want to be unmarshalling all properties in order to evaluate the
business context value.

Is there any other field of the message that better suits this stage of the
processing?

Thanks in advance.
m.