activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>
Subject Re: LastImage-style topic
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:37:27 GMT

Hi James, is the latest change of the MessageEvictionStrategy related to this
discussion? I see now that you have added the method
getEvictExpiredMessagesHighWatermark() to the interface. Is this to allow a
more dynamic limit of pending messages? I assume i am now able to implement
this method and in the case that i have the following messages -
SYMB-1(VAL-1), SYMB-2(VAL-1), SYMB-3(VAL-1), SYMB-2(VAL-2), SYMB-1(VAL-2) -
that i will be able to return my own highwater mark from within the
MessageEvictionStrategy of 3 and regardless of the pending message limit
size, the evictMessage method will be called twice. Is this correct?

Thanks!