activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>
Subject Re: On the wire size of messages
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 02:12:31 GMT

I have looked further into the topic of compression and i find that i am
never seeing compression performed on the content of my messages. Perhaps
you can help?

I have debugged the sending of messages and found that from the
TcpTransport.oneway(Command) eventually MessageMarshaller.tightMarshal1 is
called and from here the ActiveMQTextMessage.beforeMarshall (WireFormat) is
called. It seems to be in this method that the output stream is wrapped by
the DeflaterOutputStream in the case that Compression is enabled for the
connection associated with the message. At this point my connection is
NULL!! Therefore compression is never performed...

I create connections with a connection factory that is configured with a
failover URI :

failover:(vm://localhost:443)?initialReconnectDelay=100&maxReconnectDelay=30000&useExponentialBackOff=true&backOffMultiplier=2&maxReconnectAttempts=0

I then use the connection factory setUseCompression(true) to enable
compression for all connections created by this factory.

I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction here.

Thanks.