activemq-users mailing list archives

From tinou <ti...@tinou.com>
Subject consumer restart, messages not consumed
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:59:06 GMT

Hello,

It seems like when my consumer (queue consumer) is killed, upon restart the
consumer never gets any of the producer's messages.  I can see the queue in
the jmx console increase, but the messages never make it to the consumer.

searching around the archives it's not the slower consumer issue, because my
producer is producing messages at a slow rate, and the consumer is consuming
them quickly.

is there anything i need to do to the consumer? this seems to be only an
issue for queues.  when I kill a consumer of a topic and restart that
consumer the messages sent to the topics are received.

much thanks