activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Mihaly <cmih...@hotmail.com>
Subject What does an offline subscription mean?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:11:53 GMT

I have a subscription that is OFFLINE.   When I look at the subscription
through jconsole, is shows OFFLINE as the connectionID.  It also has a lot
of messages pending and enqueued.     What does this mean?

If I run the client that owns this subscription, it only gets the messages
that have recently been issued, it dose not get any of the 1665 messages
that were pending and the subscirption remains offline.    This seems wrong,
shouldn't a subscirption receive all the messages that are waiting for it
when it that subscription is opened the next time?  And if not, why does it
even bother to hold pending messages if you cannot get them?

   Chris