activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Mihaly <cmih...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq clients all hang
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 04:45:57 GMT

   On the test case, I created a topic publisher and create 100000 messages
using asyncsend.  This works great.  Then I make a durable subscription and
that client exits leaving his durable subsription.  Then I send the
publisher and around 2000 messages  it will hang.   The only solution to
this is to run my client that subscribed to the subscription and read the
thousands of messages.   Then I can send another couple thousand messages,
etc.   It is completely repeatable.  This happens if I am using journaling
or not, or out of the box, derby or MS SQLServer as the persistenace DB.
I believe this is what is happening on our production server.   We have
clients that are run weekly, or at other unspecified times that will hold
durable subscriptions to the topics.  I have not found any way around this
other than killing off subscriptions (sometimes not possible since you
cannot destroy a subsription that is off-line, not sure why they are
off-line, but I guess over time they become off-line).  So the only
solutoins is to destroy the topic and recreate, but this destroys a lot of
data for us and is getting unusable :_(

     Chris

   Chris