activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Meeraj Kunnumpurath" <M.Kunnumpur...@voca.com>
Subject RE: JMX Interfaces
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 08:03:30 GMT
Thanks James.

Does that mean the consumers on the client side should be registered
with whatever JMX instrumentation layer that is used by the client-side
infrastructure?

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james.strachan@gmail.com]
Sent: 06 July 2006 08:00
To: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: JMX Interfaces

The current JMX API available is here...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apa
che/activemq/broker/jmx/QueueViewMBean.html

Due to the prefetch buffer, it could take 1000 messages from the point
at which you say 'stop' on the broker to the point at which a consumer
stops receiving messages. For a more immediate 'stop' it'd be better to
communicate with the clients directly. e.g. maybe we could add a
'pause/resume' method on the ActiveMQMessageConsumer to make it easy to
pause/resume delivery of messages.

On 7/5/06, Meeraj Kunnumpurath <M.Kunnumpurath@voca.com> wrote:
> That's right. Or it could even be residual messages that are already
> there in the queue and not yet consumed before the queue was stopped.

MessageLabs.

-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/