activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>
Subject Clean deregistration of publishers
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:20:11 GMT

I currently have many clients registering for client specific market data
updates from a market data server. The market data server keeps a list of
currently registered clients vs. symbols and sends the relevant updates to a
topic registered by the client (there may be more than one client interested
in the same market data - eg. two users in the same company).

I also use the message limit and eviction policy to throttle the messages at
the topic level to handle slow consumers.

Under normal conditions a client will be shutdown and deregister all market
data registrations. However if a client is abruptly disconnected at a
transport level, this clean deregistration does not take place.

The question is, i would like to know when the server is sending updates to
a topic that has no subscribers. I could then cleanly deregister the market
data requests and save valuable resources.

Can you please help me with the most effective way to handle this scenario?