activemq-users mailing list archives

From ohad <o...@eng.tau.ac.il>
Subject Re: activemq clients all hang
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:08:41 GMT

here is what i did to reduce the problems ( i have been running my app for
hours now and it seems fine ) :
1. use JMX with jconsole to hook onto activemq , and make sure that every
queue that you opened is closed . it is better to close a MessageProducer
before a MessageConsumer , because then the queue is purged entirely and it
is out of the system.
2. make sure that there are no consumers and producers that are hanging open
- i think that this is the main reason why it happened to me
3. I used ActiveMQConnection.destroyDestination(...) on each of my queues
once they are no longer needed - perhaps you can use it too.

Sorry for having only tips - i can't tell what truly caused that problem...

Ohad Serfaty
DIMES team