activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Mihaly <cmih...@hotmail.com>
Subject Mangaging subscriptions
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:53:29 GMT

I have been using the J2EE monitoring utility that is quite nice for getting
information from the server.  But I am having problems manageing the server
using it.  For instance, I want to remove a durable subscription, I select
the broker and go to the Operations tab and run the destroyDurableSubscriber
providing the client and subsription name and press the button. It woks some
of the time, but others it will fail with one of two messages:

1). That the subscription is off-line.   What does this mean?  And how do I
get rid of the subscription, shouldn't I be able to do this even if it is
offline.  Can I get it on-line somehow and then destroy it?  Often we have
regression tests, that may leave a durable subscription, and I want to get
rid of it so that I do not accumulate messages in the topic.

2). Sometime it tells me I do not have a security manager in place.  What
does this mean and how can I put one in place.

Another item, is I want to see what events are waiting on a subscription.  I
select the subscription and under operations there is a browse operations.
But these appear to return all the messages on the subscribed topic, not
just the one that have not been sent to that subscription.  Is there a way
to inspect what messages have not been delivered?

  Thank you
    Chris