activemq-users mailing list archives

From Muzza <stephen.mur...@amt-sybex.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 3.2.2 - prefetch limit
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:10:40 GMT

Hi,

I'm using ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and am trying to reset the prefetch limit down to 1
as I only have one consumer in my project and the messages take a while to
be processed by this consumer.

I'd therefore like to set the prefetch limit against the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory, but would like to do this via configuration
rather than hard coding.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this ?

I've tried the following via Hermes 1.10 by amending the brokerURL setting
to be :

tcp://localhost:61616?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1

I can then still produce and consume to queues off this connection factory
but is the above a valid way of setting the prefetch limit and is there any
way of checking a queues pre fetch limit within ActiveMQ 3.2.2 ?

Thanks,
Muzza.