activemq-users mailing list archives

From bhusted <bhus...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Load Balancing Pull Model
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:37:55 GMT

>>Depending on hardware and exact OS/JVM/ActiveMQ configuration a single
broker can handle 10->>100 million messages per hour - so 50 million
transactions in 24 hours sounds well within the bounds >>of a single broker.

   Sounds good.  What message size has that been tested with?

It sounds like designing for a single message broker what you would
recommend, but what happens if that becomes a bottleneck?

We are definitely looking at integrating with JBoss and using MDBs for this
implementation.  I really like the prefetch option...that can really help us
with the load balancing.  I was worried about messages piling up in consumer
queues within the farm.