activemq-users mailing list archives

From bhusted <bhus...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Load Balancing Pull Model
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:03:52 GMT

Thanks for the quick reply.

>Do you expect there to be a large numbers of messages; or do you  expect
there to be a relatively >small number of messages?

The requirements are to prepare a solution that can scale to 50 million
transactions in a 24 hour period.  A transaction will spawn multiple
messages on the broker to handle workflow, auditing and a single
request/reply to the compute farm.   The compute farm will also host a
broker for messaging among local components.

>What kind of message throughput do you expect? It could be just a single
broker would do the trick
>(with maybe another broker acting as standby) - or just having 2
independent brokers with producers >and consumers connecting to either
broker.

I think we will definitely need multiple brokers.  I would prefer that the
consumers have the ability to load balance across brokers - is this
possible?  What configuration would you recommend?