activemq-users mailing list archives

From bhusted <bhus...@yahoo.com>
Subject Load Balancing Pull Model
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:56:38 GMT

I am attempting to architect a solution that will require a high degree of
scalability. We need a configuration that can scale a small pool of Brokers
performing light weight processing and in-turn delgate to a compute farm for
intense computational processing.  The compute farm will need to pull
requests from the brokers to maximize utilization of spare capacity.  A
round robin push model will not suffice.

The client-server model seems to be a good fit where the consumers can load
balance pulling messages across brokers.  Any guidance or advice to
implement a pull model strategy would be very much appreciated.

Thanks -
Brian