activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Mihaly <cmih...@hotmail.com>
Subject JMX Connector problems
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:01:42 GMT

I am getting Failed to start jmx connector:
javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi [Root exception is
java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi] in my startup of activemq.  I
beleive this is being caused by a server we are running that uses port 1099.
This is the port that I believe activemq jmx server uses by default.  I
tried changing the value in conf/activemq.xml or by adding
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1090 to the activemq command line but it
does not make any difference.  It still tries to use port 1099.

Strnagely, if I run activemq as a different user than our server, it does
work, and creates a jmx port at 1099.

Not sure what is worng here, and not sure how to change the jmx port.  Any
ideas?

   Thanks
     Chris