activemq-users mailing list archives

From MassDosage <massdos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using embedded broker with spring in activemq 4.0.1
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 07:52:55 GMT

I'm afraid not. I tried the snapshot from:

http://people.apache.org/repository/incubator-activemq/zips/incubator-activemq-4.1-SNAPSHOT.zip

which I extracted and then put this ActiveMQ jar on my web-app's classpath:

activemq-core-4.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Along with Spring 2.0RC1 and various dependent jar files. If I use
spring-xbean 2.2 then I get this error message:

2006-07-07 09:43:00,331 ERROR
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:205)
Context initialization failed
with name 'brokerContainer' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext-messaging.xml]: Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser

If instead I use spring-xbean 2.4 I get the same error I get with Active MQ
4.0.1, here's the full stack trace:

2006-07-07 09:46:15,178 ERROR
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:205)
Context initialization failed
with name 'brokerContainer' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext-messaging.xml]: Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected
exception parsing XML document from class path resource [activemq.xml];
nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to locate
NamespaceHandler for namespace URI [http://activemq.org/config/1.0]
Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected
exception parsing XML document from class path resource [activemq.xml];
nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to locate
NamespaceHandler for namespace URI [http://activemq.org/config/1.0]
Caused by:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to locate NamespaceHandler for
namespace URI [http://activemq.org/config/1.0]
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.resolve(DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:141)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanNamespaceHandlerResolver.resolve(XBeanNamespaceHandlerResolver.java:30)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1077)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:140)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(XBeanBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:39)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:93)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:486)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.v2.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:77)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:386)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:340)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:315)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:106)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:99)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:89)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:278)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:65)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:53)
	at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.BrokerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(BrokerFactoryBean.java:76)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:901)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:870)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:393)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:257)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:168)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:248)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:332)
	at
org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)
	at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
	at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)
	at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3827)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4343)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:823)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:625)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:431)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.checkContextLastModified(HostConfig.java:849)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1085)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:327)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.backgroundProcess(StandardHost.java:800)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1619)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1628)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1608)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Do I need to define the namespace differently?

Any more information you need from me?