activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>
Subject Re: Message queue is filled up.
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 00:14:13 GMT

My sincere apologies, it seems that the "Message queue is filled up" error
message is not coming from ActiveMQ at all. It is coming from my own
framework that is not able to process the number of messages being delivered
by ActiveMQ:)

Due to limitations in our previous messaging solution, I have an incoming
and outgoing queue for receiving and sending messages implemented in my
framework. As i am now using async dispatch and async sending, these queues
are somehow redundant. At the same time, the throughput of my framework also
seems to be somewhat limited with all the context switching and processing.

Accordingly I would like to reduce this complexity by removing my framework
queues and rely entirely on the async dispatch/send that is implemented in
ActiveMQ. Is this an approach that you would recommend? At the same time, my
framework does offer me control as to how many threads are processing the
messages in these two receive and send queues. If I am to replace my
framework queues with the async functionality of ActiveMQ, i would like to
know the answer to the following two related questions;

Q1: When using async send, is this doing the message sending in another
thread context? If so, is there any configuration options for limiting the
number of threads processing the sending of messages? What is the default
algorithm for the number of sending threads - one per session, producer???

Q2: In line with Q1, if i am using async dispatch, is this doing the message
dispatching in another thread context? If so, is there any configuration
options for limiting the number of threads processing the dispatching of
messages? What is the default algorithm for the number of dispatchin threads
- one per session, consumer???

Thanks in advance.