activemq-users mailing list archives

From nlif <naa...@dbnet.co.il>
Subject Re: Duplicating Large Messages
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:15:37 GMT

Are you asking James or me?

Anyway - of course we would have used the approach you described if we
could, but our collaborating applications cannot share a database. They only
communicate via JMS messages. However, I admit that at first we didnt'
realize we'll be required to handle such large files. Most of the messages
we send are commands and events, which are much more suitable for messaging,
and the requirement for sending large files emerged later. In fact, had
James and his streams not come to our rescue :-), we would have had no
choice but to reconsider our architecture.