activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>
Subject Re: Message queue is filled up.
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:47:29 GMT

James, thanks for the positive feedback.

Firstly, i think the question as to which queue is actually filling up is
really the one that is confusing me the most. From your reply below it seems
that you are suggesting that it is the registration/deregistration queue
that is full. I was expecting in fact that it would have been the
"subscription queue" buffer for the client - if there is one - inside the
broker. It is only on the topic that there is really high volumes of
messages that could even hit the 300 mark which is being reported...

Secondly, i have no concern whatsoever to use persistent messages for the
registration/deregistration. The question is whether this is where the limit
is reached...

Q1: how can i determine which queue is actually filling up? How many queues
are there - one per topic, one per subcriber per topic, one per client
connection?

Q2: how do i configure the RAM UsageManager? What values should I use to
configure the RAM UsageManager? Should this simply be calculated as
bytesPerMessage * prefetchLimit * (pendingMessageLimitMultiplier + 1) *
numberOfClients? How exacltly does the UsageManager actually work?

Q3: do you confirm that i should definitely NOT be using persistent messages
for the market data updates? How well with this scale? Must i allocate huge
amounts of memory to the broker to manage a large number of subscibers?

Again, thanks for the continued support!!!