activemq-users mailing list archives

From nlif <naa...@dbnet.co.il>
Subject Re: Duplicating Large Messages
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:05:12 GMT

Thank you. This was very helpful. I think we now have answers to almost all
of our concerns. Just one more question, if I may :-)

I described my motivation as the need to split a single, but very big,
message, into smaller chunks, just for optimized transfer. However, the need
is two-fold: In some cases, I do need to send large binary files, for which
streams are a great solution. But in some (other) cases, I need to send
messages, which, while not necessarily very large, are comprised of several
messages. For example: a data file (JMS BytesMessage), along with a command
object (ObjectMessage or TextMessage if it's an XML) that instructs what to
do with the data. So my "message" is in fact two JMS messages, that are only
meaningful together.

In this case, I may also require something along the lines of an aggregator,
but I'm not sure the streams are my best choice. While browsing the ActiveMQ
documentation, which has lately become my favorite pastime :-), I came
across the exclusive-consumer and message-groups features. Am I correct in
considering this as a solution for the second scenario I described? (That is
- streams for sending very large files, and message-groups for sending
several separate messages, that belong together logically).

Thanks again for your patience and insights.
Naaman