activemq-users mailing list archives

From gard <gar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Stomp and ActiveMessaging does not remove messages from Queue
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:24:58 GMT

Hi,

I am experiencing that messages are not removed from the queue when using
Stomp(Ruby) standalone and when using the ActiveMessaging plugin for Rails.
I assume this has to do with the client not acknowledging the message. Is
there anywhere I need to configure this in the amq config file? I havent
found anything about this in the documentation for amq.

The message is received in the client but it is not removed from the amq
queue. So if the client is restarted the message is redelivered which is not
desired.

I am using incubator-activemq-4.0.1 and the latest ActiveMessaging trunk.

Sample client producer ------
begin
  load '../../config/messaging.rb'
rescue MissingSourceFile
  puts "error"
end
class CatchallProd

  include ActiveMessaging::MessageSender

  publishes_to :catchall_service

  def say_hello
    publish :catchall_service, "<say>Hello World!</say>"
  end

end

p = CatchallProd.new
p.say_hello

Sample consumer ---------------

class CatchallServiceProcessor < ActiveMessaging::Processor
  subscribes_to :catchall_service
  def on_message(message)
    puts "received: " + message
 end