activemq-users mailing list archives

From Pep <pep_cod...@yahoo.es>
Subject AMQ 4.0 with Oracle Persistence and XA Transactions
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 09:38:19 GMT

Hi,

we have ActiveMq acting as our JMS provider for OC4J 10.1.3. It is running
as embbeded and integrated to OC4J by means of the JCA connector. As it is
an additional resource provider, I assume our transactions in OC4J should be
XA.

Also, we had an Oracle persistence in AMQ configured the following way:

    <persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="../activemq-data"
dataSource="#oracle-ds"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

<bean id="oracle-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.0.0.178:1521:systao"/>
    <property name="username" value="pep_anthema"/>
    <property name="password" value="pep_anthema"/>
    <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
  </bean>

With this configuration we experienced some deadlocks in the application
server. My thought was that the persistence in Oracle was running in a
different transaction. Really, I don't understand where the problem was as
when using the default derby persistence there is no problem at all.

Then I tried to use the same datasource the application is using. For that
purpose, I replaced the oracle-ds definition to the following one:

  <bean id="oracle-ds"
  	<property name="jndiName" value="jdbc/xasystao" />
  </bean>

But with this configuration I am getting these error messages when
publishing a message to our Queues in AMQ.

2006-07-04 10:52:40.045 WARNING J2EE DS262 The method 'setAutoCommit(true)'
cant be called when a global transaction is active.
2006-07-04 10:52:40.045 WARNING J2EE DS262 The method 'commit' cant be
called when a global transaction is active.

Any idea?

Thnks!