activemq-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Tarau <...@daxtechnologies.com>
Subject Re: Session closed after a while(random)
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:50:52 GMT
More about closed session :)

Could be possible that the closing problem could occur because the
Session is not per Thread, even if it is accessed by only on thread at
the time(or it should be accessed, but sometime is not -
backport-concurent problems)?

The code look like that :
class MyStorageQueue {
   private  Session session;
   private Queue queue;
   protected final Semaphore lock = new Semaphore(1, true);
  public Object consume() {
  }

  public void publish(Object object) {
  }
}

and usage in different threads
MyStorageQueue queue = getNextQueue(...);
 if (queue.lock.tryAcquire()) {
                try {
                       Object value = consume(queue);
                } finally {
                    queue.lock.release();
                }
}

Anyway I created a wrapper over an ActiveMQ session, and dump the stack
trace to see who calls the close method.

Adrian Tarau wrote:
> Debugging remove is not a problem, the problem is that I need to start
> the application in debug mode and keep the IDE with a breakpoint for
> days until it happens.
>
> I think I will recompile the ActiveMQ and dump the thread stack trace :)
>
> Sanjiv Jivan wrote:
>> You can attach your debugger to the Java process on the remote
>> machine and
>> set the breakpoint on the session.close() call. Once the breakpoint
>> it hit,
>> you can examine the call stack in your debugger.
>>
>> Use the JPDA socket JVM args when starting your Java process. Eg :
>> -Xdebug
>> -Xnoagent
>> -Djava.compiler=NONE-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005

>> On 7/13/06, Adrian Tarau <ady@daxtechnologies.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> That's great but this usually happens on the remote machine, after a
>>> few
>>> days :)

>>> (The

>>> actions? To