activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eugene Prokopiev <prokop...@stc.donpac.ru>
Subject Advanced authentication and authorization scenario
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:12:25 GMT
Hi,

I need to implement this advanced authentication and authorization scenario:

1) Every user can be member of 2 user groups: message readers and
message writers
2) Readers group must only read only from queue messages.{username}
where {username} is authenticated user name
3) Writers group must only write only to queue messages.{username} where
{username} is authenticated user name

I can use existing JaasAuthenticationPlugin or
SimpleAuthenticationPlugin for authentication. I can use existing
AuthorizationPlugin for authorization but it's not optimal: I need to
modify it's configuration on every change in users/groups. So, it will
be more suitable to implement my own CustomAuthorizationPlugin to do it.

What is the right way to implement my own CustomAuthorizationPlugin? I
tried to see AuthorizationPlugin and AuthorizationBroker implementations
but I see the code overcomplicated for my more simple task. Can I
implement only one class for intercept sending and recieving events with
user/group info and raise authentication exception if needed? Need I use
something like BrokerFilter and override some methods from it? How can I
turn on my descendant of BrokerFilter for existing broker in this case?
Can anybody give me a simple example?

--
Thanks,
Eugene Prokopiev