activemq-users mailing list archives

From Stuart Barlow <sbar...@peopledoc.com>
Subject new user and usercase scenario
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 10:10:31 GMT
Hello, I am a new-ish user with a scenario that I feel JMS may fit but
Im not sure in which way JMS should be used.

I already have events sitting in a JMS topic. One of the durable subscribers
is a notification subscriber that takes each event and sends a notification
(either email or SMS or IM message) to each relevant user on the system.
e.g. Two create document events in a system with 10 users leads to 20
notifications getting sent.

We now have a new requirement to queue up the notifications and send at
the end of the day as a message digest to each user (but only if that user
has opted to receive notifications as a digest).

Can I continue to use JMS to help here?

Should I create a new notification queue and place messages for all users in
the queue. So that at the end of the day I will have a notification queue full
of lots of individual notifications and I can use a QueueBrowser to select a set
for each user?

Or is another JMS architecture more suitable?

Apologies for the rather broad thoughts?
Stuart